Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Day of Rest

This weekend we had thought about driving up to Wyoming to visit. But because of my laziness, and our lack of vacation days we decided not to go. We really wanted to, but thought that we shouldn't right now. Instead, we just hung out and watched General Conference. Haley wanted to demonstrate through this photogragh what daddy was doing at the end of each of the first two sessions. She is really cute!
I took Sondra and Haley to Cabela's in Lehi between sessions. We looked at the BIG fish in the aquariums, and at all the poor animals that were now standing as displays throughout the store.
We have been enjoying General Conference. The talks have been very good. It is weird not to have President Hinckley there, but we know the work is going forward and that President Monson is the Lord's living prophet today.
Haley is growing very fast. She is in size 2 diapers now. Most of her 0-3 month clothes don't fit anymore. I was headed out the door the other day to drop Haley off at Caroline's on the way to work, when I realized that she needed a new diaper, and different clothes to wear. So I changed her diaper and grabbed one of the trusty clothes that she had worn before. It was WAY too small! How could she have out grown it so fast? This last week, Haley has reached another milestone. She rolled over from her tummy to her back. She has done it a couple of times now. She is so cute. She kind of looks surprised when she ends up on her back, and yet she seems pretty content to make it there. Her smile is so beautiful. She is a very happy baby, unless she really needs to be held by mommy and mommy is unavailable. Haley has also been dressing up now and then in her different dresses. Normally it is on Sunday because she wants to go to church, but still is waiting for all that sickness to be gone, or for her to be big enough to handle the different things that are still going around. This is just one of the many cute pictures we have of her in different dresses. I like this one in particular because Daddy can be "seen" but really isn't seen.
One other thing that Haley has been doing lately is sucking on her hand. Not on a pacifier, not on her thumb, sometimes on a finger, but most of the time on her hole hand and on her wrist. I will try to put the pacifier in there but usually the hand comes up and displaces the pacifier. She is pretty cute when she does it. Sometimes she tries to fit both hand and pacifier in her mouth, but there just isn't enough room.
Sondra and I were laying on either side of her the other day. I asked Haley where mommy was. She turned her head and looked at Sondra! Then I asked where daddy was, and she turned her head and looked at me! She did it a couple of times. Was it coincedence? Maybe, but I choose to believe that she is a very smart girl. That was very fun.
She also grabbed her foot yesterday. Does that mean she has discovered her feet? I don't know. But she kept looking at her left hand a couple of days before that. She is growing up way too fast.








5 comments:

es said...

Yes, Haley is certainly cute, and I am sure very smart what with the parents she has. We did enjoy conference today and yesterday also. It seems that every time one would talk about President Monson as our Prophet tears would form in my eyes, and alas fall down my cheeks. He is the Prophet of the Lord for us at this time.

Alice Childs said...

Haley IS so very cute. We love her and love spending time with you all...

Caroline said...

Haley really is beautiful. Messy diapers and all. I really like the picture of you and her. She's a sweetie.

Unknown said...

I really like your pictures of Haley. She is a cutie. We enjoyed conference also. I will have to admit, I did sleep through the afternoon sessions both days. It gets frustrating to me, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't stay awake. But it was very cool cause as we were sustaining president Monson to be president of the church, I had very strong feeling that came to me to testify that he is really called of God. Awesome!

Chris said...

Those are great pictures of Hailey. She looks a lot like Jamie to me, soooo cute! She looks like a happy little girl.

-Traci

Sometimes we blog, sometimes we don't.